Applications are now closed.
Michael Pilaar Memorial Music Scholarship
Applications will re-open in 2023, to apply for a gift from the Michael Pilaar Memorial Music Fund, managed by Geyser Community Foundation.
FOUR Scholarships with a value of $500 each are available in 2022.
The purpose of the Michael Pilaar Memorial Music Scholarship is to encourage young musicians to pursue their interest and enjoyment in music performance, both vocal and instrumental, and to help them reach their potential. The focus is on classical music.
Criteria for applicants:
- The funds are to be used to support the development of an applicant’s musical skills. This could include a contribution towards instrument costs, a music camp, tuition, exam fees, etc.
- Applicants must be aged between 10 and 18 years of age as at 1 January of the year in which application is made, and currently reside in the Rotorua or Taupo District communities.
- Applicants must be New Zealand citizens or permanent residents.
Other important Information:
- Late applications will not be accepted.
- Donations must be used for the charitable purpose for which they were gifted.
- Successful applicant/s will be selected by Geyser Community Foundation. The decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- An interview may be required before final selection.
- Successful applicant/s will be required to be available for interviews and to participate in promotional activities agreed with the recipient/s. Information about the gifts and the way in which they have been spent may be used by the Geyser Community Foundation for promotional purposes.
- Successful applicant/s are encouraged to acknowledge the Geyser Community Foundation in their promotional activities and on social media. #geysergifts
- Gifts will be made to the successful applicant/s at a special awards function to be held in Rotorua or Taupo.
- The gift may be revoked if the recipient’s behaviour is inappropriate or the recipient has breached conditions of the gift.
- It is expected that the recipient will use the gift within 12 months of receipt.
The successful applicant/s will be required to provide a written report about how they spent the grant/s and outline the impact it has made on their live/s. Reports must be received by the Geyser Community Foundation within six months of receiving the grant.
- Applications open: 1 July 2022
- Applications close: 12 August 2022
- Concert date: Sunday 25 September 2022
- Celebration of Giving Awards: 1 November 2022 (Rotorua) / 3 November 2022 (Taupo)
Sorry, applications have now closed.