We are looking for 50 individuals or local businesses who are willing to commit to a tax-free donation of $500 each year for up to five years to help cover the costs of our core operations.
Your gift will help us promote the Geyser Community Foundation to other generous local people, as well as help out with everyday costs like wages, software, office equipment and consumables.
This ensures that we can spend quality time focusing on attracting new donors, which means together we can make an even greater impact within our local Rotorua and Taupo communities.
By becoming an Impact 2030 Supporter, you will belong to an amazing group of like-minded people dedicated to supporting and sustaining our vital work. As a supporter, you will receive invitations to special events and stay informed through our newsletter.
We hope you can help!
Get in touch now to support your local Geyser Community Foundation – so we can make a difference together!
When the Geyser Community Foundation began 13 years ago, we had great ambitions for the long-term future of our local communities – we had no donors and no funds invested. Now, we are now managing more than 80 funds and our duty of care to our lovely donors is at risk!
Our ‘smell of an oily rag’ behind-the-scenes operational base can no longer cope with its own success! Our ‘Growth through Giving’ strategic plan shows that now we have started, there is no going back – donor funds will keep growing, and an increase in the numbers of donors means increased management and duty of care.
Despite the generous sponsorship of rent, basic office costs, IT and some hospitality, our operational costs include many expenses which can only be funded by way of ‘cash’; the greatest of these being OUR STAFF – two dedicated part-time generous individuals who keep that ‘rag’ oiled.
Whereas in the past, many large community trusts assisted with operational costs, these are now trending away from funding ‘funders’, leaving us well short of what we need to manage our organisation, and in recent years, funding for our operation has become an even greater challenge.
We need a solution – one that will create a self-sustaining future – and we’ve set 2030 as the year we will reach this goal!
That’s why we are looking to find 50 individuals or local businesses who are willing to sign-up to a tax-free donation of $500 each year for up to five years
This ‘self-sustaining’ target gives us almost 10 years in which to encourage local business people and other generous people to invest in the future of their local community and partner with us: united by vision, values and goals.
What a difference that would make to our ‘duty of care’ responsibilities – you become our partner, investing in the long-term future of your community just as our major donors do.
OUR VISION to build stronger communities
- Becoming philanthropic is the most influential thing any of us can do – starting small in the knowledge that it all adds up, becoming part of something and taking action.
OUR VALUES to work together and embrace partnerships
- The Geyser Community Foundation becomes YOUR CHARITY OF CHOICE
- Your commitment stands side-by-side with us in a partnership to sustain our community FOREVER
- You can choose anonymity or acknowledgement
- You become IMPACT 2030 SUPPORTER and receive invitations to our events and are encouraged to have functions at your workplace (if applicable)
- You are invited to an annual Celebrating Giving Annual Awards event
- You are invited to talk about the GEYSER COMMUNITY FOUNDATION whenever you can – every time you do, you help to deliver on the vision, values and goals
OUR GOAL to become self-sustaining
- The more participants who engage for multiple years, the fewer new participants we need to identify AND it’s a sliding scale – a target of $100,000 may be required this year; but in five years, with continued growth in invested funds, it might be $75,000 and in 10 years only $50,000.
- If we wish, we could suggest participants make an additional ‘forever’ component to their tax-free donation – a contribution to Geyser’s own endowment fund, which although it does not relieve our immediate need, will continue to impact favourably in years to come through its annual administration fee.
AND if we are ahead of the curve, we can reduce our administration fees so donors have more to give!
Contact us today on 07 349 7496 to support your local Geyser Community Foundation – so we can make a difference together! >>