Taupo Community Fund
Purpose and who can apply:
Through the Taupo Community Fund, the Geyser Community Foundation supports charitable purposes, local charities and community organisations whose operations are focussed on or which directly benefit the Taupo Community and Turangi Districts (including Mangakino and Kaingaroa).
The Taupo Community Fund will fund projects or support organisations to provide:
- Access to local housing and reducing inequity
- Improving basic household financial skills
- Wraparound housing support
- Access to safe, healthy, warm homes
- Support to young adults
- Successful transition from education to employment
- Engage young adults who are not in education, employment or training
- Health & Wellness/Safety Initiatives
- Reducing drug abuse and domestic violence
- Local health organisations providing support for people with medical conditions or accessing treatment
- Children with specific health or education needs
- Support to build stronger local communities
- Cultural development and diversity including Kaupapa Maori and Multicultural Communities
- Gender diversity
- Inclusive communities, including inter-generational and elderly.
Applications must be for projects that are based within and which benefit the Taupo Community and Turangi Districts (including Mangakino and Kaingaroa). Applicants must be:
- Resident in the Taupo Community or for projects based in the Taupo Community and Turangi Districts (including Mangakino and Kaingaroa) and either:
- an Incorporated Society, or
- a Registered Charity or
- a School/Kura.
We do not fund:
- Projects for Individual benefit (individual scholarships may be available through our Scholarships page)
- Arts (funding for arts projects should be made to the Arts Fund)
- Groups operating outside New Zealand
- Disaster relief organisations
- Groups whose main purpose is to promote a message rather than provide a service; this includes religious groups
- Purchase of land and buildings
- Overseas travel
- Capital funds for the creation of loans, scholarships, grants, etc.
Value of funds available:
A total of $3,250 is available to be distributed in 2022. No one gift will exceed 50% of the total funds available.
Other important information:
Late applications will not be accepted.
Gifts must be used for the charitable purpose for which they were granted.
Successful applicant/s will be selected by Geyser Community Foundation. The decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Successful applicant/s will be required to be available for interviews and to participate in promotional activities agreed with the recipient/s. Information about the gifts and the way in which they have been spent may be used by the Geyser Community Foundation for promotional purposes.
Successful applicant/s are encouraged to acknowledge the Geyser Community Foundation in their promotional activities and on social media. #geysergifts
Gifts will be made to the successful applicant/s at a special awards function to be held in Taupo on 3 November 2022)
The gift may be revoked if the recipient’s behaviour is inappropriate or the recipient has breached conditions of the gift.
It is expected that the recipient will use the gift within 12 months of receipt.
Recipients will be required to attend and provide a verbal report at a Round Table Meeting (dates will be advised closer to the time) about how they spent the gift and outline the benefits gained.
Applications open: 1 July 2022
Applications close: Midnight 31 August 2022
Review and decision-making: September
Notification of decisions: Mid October
Celebration of Giving Awards: 3 November 2022 (Taupo) / 1 November 2022 (Rotorua)
Grant payment: Beginning of November
Roundtable Reporting: June 2023 (dates tba)