Peter, Joan and Kay Dean Reporoa Educational Past Pupils Award
The Peter, Joan and Kay Dean Reporoa Educational Past Pupils Award is for former students of Reporoa College who want to retrain or upskill.
A total of $ tbc is available to be distributed in 2024.
Applications are open to former students of Reporoa College who are wanting to retrain or upskill.
The grant/s are for educational purposes for people who have attended Reporoa College for all or at least part of their secondary school education. The grant/s can be used, for example, for study at a university, polytechnic or private training provider located in New Zealand, or for the study costs associated with an apprenticeship or other practical, life skills or personal development training.
Applicants must be aged between 16 and 25 years of age as at 1 January in the year in which application is made, and currently reside or have lived in the Rotorua or Taupo District.
Applications are invited from any young person for this opportunity which would make a significant difference to their lives and help them reach their full potential.
Applicants must be New Zealand citizens or permanent residents.
Other important information:
- Late applications will not be accepted.
- An interview may be required before final selection.
- The grant must be used for the charitable purpose for which it was granted and funds must be spent in New Zealand.
- The successful applicant/s will be required to be available for interviews and to participate in promotional activities agreed with the recipient.
- A successful candidate(s) will be selected by the Trustees of the Peter, Joan and Kay Dean Reporoa Educational Trust in conjunction with the Geyser Community Foundation. The decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The successful applicant/s will be required to supply appropriate documentation such as receipts, to prove that funds have been spent for the charitable purposes specified.
- Information about the awards and the way in which the grants have been spent may be used by Reporoa College or the Geyser Community Foundation for promotional purposes.
- A gift may be revoked if the recipient’s behaviour is inappropriate or the recipient has breached conditions.
- It is expected that the recipient will use the grant within 12 months of receipt.
- The grant will be presented to the successful applicant/s at a special awards function in Rotorua or Taupo (dates tbc).
- If, for any reason it is not possible for the recipient to complete their chosen education or training, they must notify the Geyser Community Foundation immediately and may be asked to repay the whole or any unspent part of the grant received.
- An award may be revoked if the recipient’s behaviour is inappropriate or the recipient has breached conditions of the award.
- The successful applicant/s will be required to provide a written report about how they spent the grant/s and outline the impact it has made on their live/s. Reports must be received by the Geyser Community Foundation within six months of receiving the grant.
Should applicants require further information or assistance, please feel free to contact a Trustee:
Alan Wills 027 281 8626
Bruce Vermeulen 0274 505 915
Shirley Donelley 021 856 439
Zillah Armer 021 175 1957
Applications open: 1 June 2024
Applications close: Midnight 30 June 2024
Review and decision-making: July / August
Notification of decisions: August / September
Celebration of Giving Awards: Rotorua and Taupo (dates tbc)
Grant payment: (date tbc)
Accountability Reports: (date tbc)
Sorry, applications have now closed.