Why have the ‘philanthropy’ conversation?
Many people want to give or at least want to make a difference.
Conversations about how they can have an impact and do good with their money are often warm and rewarding ones. Further, it is an opportunity for you to connect with your clients’ core aspirations and values.
Geyser Community Foundation can help you
We can help you add significant value to your client relationships by offering professional philanthropic expertise to complement your existing skill sets, and help you provide a more holistic financial planning approach. Book a muffin meeting for your team today.
We work in partnership with you, either in the background, supporting you to have the conversation with your clients about developing a philanthropic plan; or we can offer advice directly. Your role will be to provide counsel on legacy giving and maintaining the overall wealth planning relationship.
As your philanthropy services partner we can:
• Tailor a giving plan
• Provide information on giving strategies
• Connect people with local causes, programmes or charities doing good in their community
• Accommodate gifts such as real estate, life insurance policies or shares, which are not easily transferable to other charitable entities
• Manage investments and distribute income
• Help you understand gifting processes
• Help you understand and deal with complex philanthropic objectives
• Offer guidance on including philanthropy in wealth planning conversations
Click here to download the brochure: Make your clients giving go further (PDF)
Additional useful resources:
• Community Foundations: A strategic way to help clients to give (PDF)
• Listening for charitable opportunities (PDF)
• Asking the right question (PDF)
• Guidance Notes for Lawyers (PDF)
• Application for Establishment of a Named Endowment Fund – Individual (PDF)
• Application for Establishment of a Named Endowment Fund – Organisation (PDF)
• Draft wording for a Will containing a legacy for Geyser Community Foundation (PDF)
• Script for your client newsletters (PDF)
• Community Foundations–a new way of thinking about charity, philanthropy and working with clients – A white paper between: Dentons Kensington Swan and Community Foundations of New Zealand(PDF)
• Wills Month: September is conversations about philanthropy. Read the NZ Law Society article here >>