Ross Bohm Award
Applications are now open to apply for a gift from the Ross Bohm Fund, managed by the Geyser Community Foundation.
The Ross Bohm Award is to benefit disabled sportspeople who currently reside in the Rotorua or Taupo District communities.
Value of Funds Available: A total of $1,250 is available to be distributed in 2022.
Criteria for applicants
- The annual gift is to benefit disabled sportspeople who currently reside in the Rotorua or Taupo District communities.
- Applicants must be New Zealand citizens or permanent residents.
- Applicants must not have professional status, ie be paid to compete or take part in their chosen sport.
Other important Information:
- Late applications will not be accepted.
- Donations must be used for the charitable purpose for which they were gifted.
- Successful applicant/s will be selected by Geyser Community Foundation. The decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- An interview may be required before final selection.
- Successful applicant/s will be required to be available for interviews and to participate in promotional activities agreed with the recipient/s. Information about the gifts and the way in which they have been spent may be used by the Geyser Community Foundation for promotional purposes.
- Successful applicant/s are encouraged to acknowledge the Geyser Community Foundation in their promotional activities and on social media. #geysergifts
- Gifts will be made to the successful applicant/s at a special awards function to be held in Rotorua or Taupo.
- The gift may be revoked if the recipient’s behaviour is inappropriate or the recipient has breached conditions of the gift.
- It is expected that the recipient will use the gift within 12 months of receipt.
The successful applicant/s will be required to provide a written report about how they spent the grant/s and outline the impact it has made on their live/s. Reports must be received by the Geyser Community Foundation within six months of receiving the grant.
- Applications open: 1 July 2022
- Applications close: Midnight 31 August 2022
- Review and decision-making: September
- Notification of decisions: Mid October
- Celebration of Giving Awards: 1 November 2022 (Rotorua) / 3 November 2022 (Taupo)
- Grant payment: Beginning of November
- Accountability Reports Due End June 2023