Ross Bohm Award
Applications are will open to apply for a gift from the Ross Bohm Fund, managed by the Geyser Community Foundation on 1 June 2024.
The Ross Bohm Award is to benefit disabled sportspeople who currently reside in the Rotorua or Taupo District communities.
Value of Funds Available: A total of $ tbc is available to be distributed in 2024.
Criteria for applicants
- The annual gift is to benefit disabled sportspeople who currently reside in the Rotorua or Taupo District communities.
- Applicants must be New Zealand citizens or permanent residents.
- Applicants must not have professional status, ie be paid to compete or take part in their chosen sport.
Other important Information:
- Late applications will not be accepted.
- Donations must be used for the charitable purpose for which they were gifted.
- Successful applicant/s will be selected by Geyser Community Foundation. The decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- An interview may be required before final selection.
- Successful applicant/s will be required to be available for interviews and to participate in promotional activities agreed with the recipient/s. Information about the gifts and the way in which they have been spent may be used by the Geyser Community Foundation for promotional purposes.
- Successful applicant/s are encouraged to acknowledge the Geyser Community Foundation in their promotional activities and on social media. #geysergifts
- Gifts will be made to the successful applicant/s at special awards functions to be held in Rotorua or Taupo (dates tbc).
- The gift may be revoked if the recipient’s behaviour is inappropriate or the recipient has breached conditions of the gift.
- It is expected that the recipient will use the gift within 12 months of receipt.
The successful applicant/s will be required to provide a written report about how they spent the grant/s and outline the impact it has made on their live/s. Reports must be received by the Geyser Community Foundation within six months of receiving the grant.
Applications open: 1 June 2024
Applications close: Midnight 30 June 2024
Review and decision-making: July / August
Notification of decisions: August / September
Celebration of Giving Awards: Rotorua (date tbc)
Grant payment: (date tbc)
Accountability Reports: (date tbc)
Sorry, applications have now closed.