Ngatuku Farms Award
Total Value for 2024: $ tbc
The annual gift is to benefit individuals (children and adults) who have special needs or are physically or intellectually disabled, or an organisation which supports special needs or disabled clients.
Criteria for applicants:
Applicants must live within the Rotorua District.
The gift can be used, for example:
• By an organisation to run a special programme for special needs and / or disabled clients;
• For a special needs or disabled individual and family or caregiver to attend a special programme or workshop;
• Purchase equipment which will make life easier for a special needs or disabled individual;
• Purchase a bicycle so a special needs or disabled child may become mobile;
• Assistance with costs if a special needs or disabled individual and family or caregiver are required to travel out of the Rotorua District for specialised medical treatment, eg Starship Hospital in Auckland or further afield (including overseas if that assistance is ‘charitable’ for New Zealand purposes).
The gift must be used for a charitable purpose and funds must be spent in New Zealand.
Other important Information:
- Late applications will not be accepted.
- Donations must be used for the charitable purpose for which they were gifted.
- Successful applicant/s will be selected by Geyser Community Foundation. The decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- An interview may be required before final selection.
- Successful applicant/s will be required to be available for interviews and to participate in promotional activities agreed with the recipient/s. Information about the gifts and the way in which they have been spent may be used by the Geyser Community Foundation for promotional purposes.
- Successful applicant/s are encouraged to acknowledge the Geyser Community Foundation in their promotional activities and on social media. #geysergifts
- Gifts will be made to the successful applicant/s at a special awards function to be held in Rotorua.
- The gift may be revoked if the recipient’s behaviour is inappropriate or the recipient has breached conditions of the gift.
- It is expected that the recipient will use the gift within 12 months of receipt.
The successful applicant/s will be required to provide a written report about how they spent the grant/s and outline the impact it has made on their live/s. Reports must be received by the Geyser Community Foundation within six months of receiving the grant.
Applications open: 1 June 2024
Applications close: Midnight 30 June 2024
Review and decision-making: July / August
Notification of decisions: August / September
Celebration of Giving Awards: Rotorua (date tbc)
Grant payment: (date tbc)
Accountability Reports: (date tbc)
Sorry, applications have now closed.