Kaingaroa Roading Scholarship
Total Value for 2024: $ tbc
Applications are now open for annual scholarships from the Kaingaroa Roading Fund, managed by Geyser Community Foundation.
- Applicants must be current residents of Kaingaroa, Minginui, Ruatahuna, Te Whaiti, Murupara and the immediate surrounding areas.
- The scholarship is for educational purposes for people who have completed their secondary school education or who are in their final year of secondary school. The scholarship can be used, for example, for study at a university, polytechnic or private training provider located in New Zealand, or for the study costs associated with an apprenticeship.
Other important Information:
- Late applications will not be accepted.
- Donations must be used for the charitable purpose for which they were gifted.
- Successful applicant/s will be selected by Geyser Community Foundation. The decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- An interview may be required before final selection.
- Successful applicant/s will be required to be available for interviews and to participate in promotional activities agreed with the recipient/s. Information about the gifts and the way in which they have been spent may be used by the Geyser Community Foundation for promotional purposes.
- Successful applicant/s are encouraged to acknowledge the Geyser Community Foundation in their promotional activities and on social media. #geysergifts
- Gifts will be made to the successful applicant/s at a special awards function to be held in Rotorua or Taupo.
- The gift may be revoked if the recipient’s behaviour is inappropriate or the recipient has breached conditions of the gift.
- It is expected that the recipient will use the gift within 12 months of receipt.
The successful applicant/s will be required to provide a written report about how they spent the grant/s and outline the impact it has made on their live/s. Reports must be received by the Geyser Community Foundation within six months of receiving the grant.
Applications open: 1 June 2024
Applications close: Midnight 30 June 2024
Review and decision-making: July / August
Notification of decisions: August / September
Celebration of Giving Awards: Rotorua (date tbc)
Grant payment: (date tbc)
Accountability Reports: (date tbc)
Sorry, applications have now closed.