Funding is currently available from the Environment Fund for charitable purposes and projects, which advance the protection, promotion and preservation of the natural environment, and flora and fauna of the Rotorua and Taupo District communities.
Environment includes (but is not limited to):
• Biodiversity (plants, animals and birds (both native and exotic)
• Land and Soil
• Water (lakes and rivers)
What we don’t fund:
Geyser Community Foundation will NOT consider applications for funding from the Environment Fund for:
• Individual benefit
• Groups that are not incorporated, or not a registered charity or not a school
• Groups operating outside New Zealand
• Disaster relief organisations
• Groups whose main purpose is to promote a message rather than provide a service; this includes religious groups
• Purchase of land and buildings
• Overseas travel
• Capital funds for the creation of loans, scholarships, gifts, etc.
Value of funds available:
A total of $ tbc is available for distribution in 2024. No gift will exceed 50% of the total funds available.
Other important information:
- Late applications will not be accepted.
- Gifts must be used for the charitable purpose for which they were granted.
- Successful applicant/s will be selected by Geyser Community Foundation. The decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Successful applicant/s will be required to be available for interviews and to participate in promotional activities agreed with the recipient/s. Information about the gifts and the way in which they have been spent may be used by the Geyser Community Foundation for promotional purposes.
- Successful applicant/s are encouraged to acknowledge the Geyser Community Foundation in their promotional activities and on social media. #geysergifts
- Gifts will be made to the successful applicant/s at special awards functions to be held in Rotorua and Taupo (dates tbc)
- The gift may be revoked if the recipient’s behaviour is inappropriate or the recipient has breached conditions of the gift.
- It is expected that the recipient will use the gift within 12 months of receipt.
Recipients will be required to attend and provide a verbal report at a Round Table Meeting (dates will be advised closer to the time) about how they spent the gift and outline the benefits gained.
Applications open: 1 June 2024
Applications close: Midnight 30 June 2024
Review and decision-making: July / August
Notification of decisions: August / September
Celebration of Giving Awards: Rotorua (date tbc)
Grant payment: (date tbc)
Accountability Reports: (date tbc)
Applications have now closed.