Total Value for 2024: $ tbc
Criteria for applicants:
- An annual allocation is available for individuals with a chronic long-term disability or illness for the purchase of equipment to assist with their day to day living and/or work where this equipment is not funded by Ministry of Health (MoH) or the Accident Compensation Corporation (ACC).
- This fund recognises that individuals are often disadvantaged in living life to its full potential due to the lack of appropriate equipment which is often outside of what MoH and ACC will provide. The scope of the fund covers, but is not limited to, vehicle purchase and modifications, home modifications, wheelchair purchase and modifications, specialised computers and programmes, lifting equipment, specialised furniture requirements, home living aids, work aids and educational aids.
- Members of the Muscular Dystrophy Association of New Zealand residing in the Taupo District community will be given preference in the allocation of this fund.
- Applicants must be New Zealand citizens or permanent residents.
- The same individual could receive a gift in consecutive years.
Other important Information:
- Late applications will not be accepted.
- Donations must be used for the charitable purpose for which they were gifted.
- Successful applicant/s will be selected by Geyser Community Foundation. The decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- An interview may be required before final selection.
- Successful applicant/s will be required to be available for interviews and to participate in promotional activities agreed with the recipient/s. Information about the gifts and the way in which they have been spent may be used by the Geyser Community Foundation for promotional purposes.
- Successful applicant/s are encouraged to acknowledge the Geyser Community Foundation in their promotional activities and on social media. #geysergifts
- Gifts will be made to the successful applicant/s at a special awards function to be held in Taupo.
- The gift may be revoked if the recipient’s behaviour is inappropriate or the recipient has breached conditions of the gift.
- It is expected that the recipient will use the gift within 12 months of receipt.
The successful applicant/s will be required to provide a written report about how they spent the grant/s and outline the impact it has made on their live/s. Reports must be received by the Geyser Community Foundation within six months of receiving the grant.
Applications open: 1 June 2024
Applications close: Midnight 30 June 2024
Review and decision-making: July / August
Notification of decisions: August / September
Celebration of Giving Awards: Taupo (date tbc)
Grant payment: (date tbc)
Accountability Reports: (date tbc)
Sorry, applications have now closed.